Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 12 September 2012

New clothing free until 2.0.1.3.

I am the worst kind of consumer. I love buying new clothes. I love the thrill of shopping. When I am bored I scroll through my ASOS app. On wet days I go shopping. Even when I go to buy something from my local Westfield not clothing related I find myself wandering the aisles of several clothing stores.
I have so many clothes. A ridiculous amount. My husband suggested that every time I buy something new I throw something old out. This has resulted in three garbage bags full of clothes that I can't bare to part with. I mean what if they come back into fashion. I kid myself by saying that I will set up a market stall to sell them all. The truth is I don't want to be left behind in this fast moving fashion world. I want to be trendy and I want to look good. But I also wear the same 20 items of clothing again and again, occasionally adding one of my hundreds of other pieces. I have tops in my wardrobe I adore but are lost in the tangle of coat hangers and 'in case we every go to a ball with a pirate' attire. I seriously have an outfit for every occasion yet still find myself struggling to find something to wear. It's beyond a joke.

So this morning, whilst looking at my pile of washing trying to find a shirt I really felt like wearing today and realizing that any of my hundreds of other clothes simply will not do I made a decision.

I, Cassandra Lee Joyce, solemnly do swear that I will not purchase another item of clothing until 2013.
Furthermore, any clothes that I fail to wear will be donated to charity. This includes, and is not limited to, my designer jeans, my heels and my band t-shirts.
Some clothes will obviously be exempt for example; winter coats, I mean it's summer; my wedding dress; mid calf and higher boots (yes I have a few); and a few other winter clothes.

I need to do this for me, and I need to do this for our budget. I also need to do this so that when we move the truck can fit more than just my wardrobe on it. It really is that bad.

I'm looking forward to rediscovering my wardrobe and getting creative with what I have. I'm also looking forward to having more to wear by simply having less choice.

Wish me luck and I'll keep you up to date with how it's all going.

Cassandra J

No comments:

Post a Comment